Dear Valued Customer,
We know that safety is your #1 concern when selecting giveaways for your patients; which is why we test our products to meet or exceed Consumer Product Safety Standards. But there are a few things generally not covered under those standards, including sensitivity and supply chain certification of all components. We set out to address those issues, and are happy to announce that SmileMakers Stickers are now Manufacturer Certified Hypoallergenic and Latex Free - at NO additional cost to you!
Here’s what’s different:
Manufacturer Certified – We worked with all our printers and suppliers to certify 3 things:
- The products they supply do not contain natural rubber (latex) or any of the Health Canada priority food allergens including milk, egg, soy, gluten, nuts and shellfish
- The manufacturing plant they produce these items in does not produce other items with natural rubber or any of the Health Canada priority food allergens
- They will notify us in advance if either of these statements are expected to change
This certification process provides us the confidence to assure you that:
- SmileMakers stickers are latex free! We have tested our products for natural rubber latex compounds for years,
and we will continue to do additional independent lab testing.
- SmileMakers stickers do not contain major food allergens! We want you to be able to assure parents with
confidence that this reward is not likely to trigger a reaction in their child.
We have also added the instruction that a sticker is intended to be applied to clothing.
There is a difference in the adhesive intended for skin vs. staying on clothes. If you have ever
taken a bandage and applied it to clothing, you know it doesn’t work. If a child places a sticker
on a sensitive section of their skin and leaves it there like a bandage, when they remove it
their skin will likely be irritated, and then will fade over time. We advise to use a temporary
tattoo when the child really wants to put their favorite superhero or princess on their arm.
With our new certification process, you can rest assured we have the highest
standards in the industry, at the same great quality and price that you always
expect from SmileMakers.
Look for the green symbol to select stickers that are Manufacturer Certified
Hypoallergenic and Latex Free.
For over 26 years, SmileMakers for Children has been here to help you
take care of your patients. We care about your patients’
health and safety.
We will continue to improve our products and processes to ensure you receive
only the best from us.